Sheldon Town Centre Manager
|Job Title:||Sheldon Town Centre Manager|
|Job Type:||Fixed Term (3 years)|
|Job Locaton:||Sheldon, Birmingham|
|Start Date:||April 2017 (or as soon as possible_|
|Salary:||Circa £37,000 p.a (yrs 1&2) Year 3 - 15 Hours (salary pro rata)|
|Hours of work:||37.5 Hrs per week (yrs 1&2) with some weekend, evening and early mornings and bank holidays expected|
|Interviews:||16th/17th March 2017|
We are seeking to appoint a Town Centre Manager for Sheldon near Birmingham, on a fixed term contract. The purpose of the post is:
- To drive investment in to Sheldon town centre leading to the regeneration of its long-term viability as an attractive place to work, live, visit and do business
- To act as a catalyst to encourage and support co-operation between the retail and business sector, and all levels of local government and the public and voluntary sectors
- To provide leadership and management of the Town Centre including the liaison between the City Council and its public realm plans and other investments
- To be responsible for the development, implementation, management, and communication of a Sheldon town centre business plan and related strategies, knowing and understanding the political environment, forging strong working relationships with Elected Members and involving the wider community as appropriate
- To establish a business association, town centre partnership/town team or business improvement district
- To be responsible for the development and support of a Sheldon Business Association to enable development plans to be taken forward
The post is being recruited by Acocks Green Village BID (AGV BID), and will be the employing body for the post. AGV BID is now in its second 5 year term, after a positive renewal ballot in 2016.
The successful candidate will be located within the AGV BID office (roughly 2 miles from Sheldon – so own transport is essential), will be accountable to the board of the AGV BID in the first instance, and will be managed by the AGV BID Manager. Management and reporting lines will be reassessed when a Sheldon Business Association is established, and it is deemed more appropriate to have leadership and direction provided to the Sheldon TCM from an organisation with direct links to local businesses and the local community.
The Sheldon TCM will undertake a range of activities to develop a vibrant town centre which serves the interests of businesses, residents and visitors. This exciting and challenging role requires sensitivity and the ability to build and sustain positive working relationships with all stakeholders.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and should email their CV and supporting letter to:
Sandy Gianni, Acocks Green Village BID Manager on email@example.com
For a copy of the full job description and person specification click here.