ATCM BIDs Mastermind Groups
OUr last Mastermind Group took place on 22 November and covered the topic of PR and Crisis Management. We were joined by an expert in PR from Destination CMS, one of our corporate members.
Tipcs covered included
PR & Crisis Management – An introduction
Public Relations is about reputation - the result of what you do, what you say and what others say about you. It is the discipline which looks after reputation, with the aim of earning understanding and support and influencing opinion and behaviour. It is the planned and sustained effort to establish and maintain goodwill and mutual understanding between an organisation and its publics.
Crisis management is the process by which an organization deals with a major event that threatens to harm the organization, its stakeholders, or the general public. It is considered to be the most important process in public relations. Crisis management should not merely be reactionary; it should also consist of preventative measures and preparation in anticipation of potential crises. Effective crisis management has the potential to greatly reduce the amount of damage the organisation receives as a result of the crisis, and may even prevent an incident from ever developing into a crisis.
The hour and a half webinar will cover the following topics –
What is PR?
- Putting a PR plan in place, in-house or outsourcing, your target audience
- Journalist Relations
- How to approach journalists and how to ‘handle’ journalists
- Useful PR tools and channels
- Including social media
- How PR can help with handling a crisis
- What constitutes a crisis?
- To respond or not to respond
- Internal and external comms
- If responding to a crisis, who to involve and what channels to use
- Case studies and examples
To find out about other webinars and activity ceck our calendar here
Previous sessions (notes)
BIDs and the Smart City
Notes from the Mastermind Group on Smart Cities can be found here
What Are Mastermind Groups?
Mastermind groups* offer a combination of brainstorming, education, peer accountability and support in a group setting to sharpen your skills and knowledge about BIDS. This group will help you and other members achieve success, as participants raise the bar by challenging each other to set powerful goals within the industry, and more importantly, to achieve them. Mastermind group members act as catalysts for growth, devil’s advocates and supportive colleagues.
What Will You Get From It?
- Answers and solutions
- New innovative ideas developed through brainstorming
- The ability to tap into the experience and skills of others
- An instant and valuable support network
- A sense of shared enterprise – WITH OTHER BIDS!
- Mutual support
- Differing perspectives
What a Mastermind Group is NOT
It is not a class. The main focus of a mastermind group is to provide a supportive and a collegiate environment.
It is not group coaching. Mastermind groups are about the MEMBERS sharing with each other, not about the Facilitator coaching the group.
While you may share leads and resources with each other, it is not the main focus of the meetings. However, through your connections with other members, you will find plenty of joint venture opportunities, lead sharing, and professional networking.
Who Should Attend a Mastermind Group?
BID practitioners and ATCM Members who:
- have the desire and inspiration to make their BID extraordinary
- want a supportive team of BID Mastermind partners
- want to reach or exceed their BID goals
For more information and to reserve a place contact:
BID Programme Manager
Association of Town & City Management
32-36 Loman Street
London SE1 0EH
T: 0300 330 0980