JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Type of Post: Full time
Employer: HWBIDCo Ltd
Reporting to: BID Manager
Package: £25,000 - depending on experience; Contributory Pension; 25 days Annual Leave + Public Holidays. 35 hours per week.
Location: Based in High Wycombe town centre.
Application Deadline: 12pm, 18th October 2018
The High Wycombe Business Improvement District (BID) became operational on 1st October 2012 after being successful at ballot in July 2012. After five successful years the BID was renewed for a further five years in 2017. HWBIDCo is tasked with driving forward a powerful, focused agenda for change in High Wycombe Town Centre to ensure a thriving future for the town and its businesses. HWBIDCo works to make the area more attractive and vibrant and ensure it is well represented, serviced and promoted.
We are a small, close-knit team who have created and are delivering a range of projects and events of which the security and safety of the town and businesses is a strong part of our remit. Our ever-growing profile has a positive impact on the town centre which in many aspects is dependable by our levy payers. The role will be based from our town centre offices and includes out of hours and weekend work.
The Town Centre Ranger is at the core of the BID and serves to ensure visitors to the town feel welcomed and enjoy a safe, secure and inviting environment. The role of the Ranger is to provide a highly visible, approachable, uniformed presence on the streets of the BID area for customers and businesses, and to act as the eyes and ears of the BID company, dealing directly with a defined range of issues and escalating and reporting any other issues to the appropriate authority.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. To monitor the BID area from the streets.
2. To welcome and nurture visitors and shoppers to the town centre.
3. To develop relationships with businesses in the area to better understand the range and breadth of opportunities available to the visitor and thereby to become an ambassador for the town and what it offers.
4. To develop relationships and regular contact with businesses to ensure they understand the work and benefits of the BID and to engage them in all appropriate programmes, projects and services.
5. To assist with the policing of the town centre area thereby ensuring visitors and shoppers feel safe and secure whilst in the area both by day and night.
6. To control and maintain radio-based schemes and liaise with CCTV control along with monitoring footfall and any issues for action.
7. To identify and escalate any situations that cannot be resolved by the Rangers to the relevant authority.
8. To continue to monitor escalated issues until appropriate actions have been taken.
9. To maintain timely and accurate records of incidents and issues arising.
10. To provide support to counter act anti-social behavioural issues along with street-begging and homeless persons to the appropriate
11. To ensure all Health & Safety requirements are met to the company standard as defined by the HASWA to ensure the safety of all team members and customers.
12. To ensure all personnel policies and procedures are adhered to.
13. To ensure any work plans and productivity targets are achieved through correct administration of log sheets and daily reports.
14. To assist in delivery of events and/or projects held within the BID area.
15. To carry out any other duties identified by the BID Manager.
16. To Chair both Pubwatch and Shopwatch schemes, encouraging business participation through a varied agenda.
17. Responsible for the issue and receipt of technical equipment and stock awareness.
18. Maintaining the Intelligence Sharing Network via DISC
• Demonstrable commitment to providing an exceptional customer service culture.
• Motivated with good communication skills
• Tact and diplomacy but with a can-do attitude.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and adaptable.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse set of partners. Experience of working in partnerships, with police and with local government desirable
• Ability to work in weekends and evenings and in all weather conditions as job will be primarily outside
• Ability to use IT/PC applications and programmes including Office 365
• Has a proven ability to lead a potential small team of similar self-specification
• Hold a full UK Driving Licence
• Local knowledge
• Ability to work creatively within an allocated project budget to negotiate best value when commissioning services or expertise
• Experience of representing a business in meetings and during events and promotions
• Experience of working with a range of agencies and stakeholders in partnership
The successful candidate will be a British citizen or a UK resident with an existing work permit. Overseas applicants and applicants without an existing work permit need not apply. No agencies. Unsuccessful applicants for previous roles will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is 18th October 2018, 12pm. Please send your CV and a covering letter via email to Mark Harry email@example.com. First Interviews will be held w/c 22nd October 2018.
The post is subject to a six-month probationary period.