Oxted BID Manager
Deadline: 30th June 2018
Working Hours: Minimum of 15 hours per week with flexibility
Salary: For a self-employed candidate, circa £20,000 - £24,000 per annum depending on experience.
Holiday: Equivalent of 25 days holiday plus bank holidays to be taken on a pro rata basis.
How to Apply: Please apply by emailing your CV to Robert Frith at firstname.lastname@example.org
BACKGROUND TO OXTED BID
The Oxted BID commenced in January 2016 and is now almost half way through the first 5 year term. Responsible for 180 businesses, the BID area is primarily made up of retail, service and office businesses with Tandridge District Council also being a significant contributor.
Whilst we are a relatively small BID, levy income is £100,000 per annum, we pack a large punch. During the first two years we have; commissioned an exciting urban regeneration plan, delivered an events programme throughout the year including four markets, have put on fabulous Christmas Lights and provided hanging baskets and have also enabled businesses to achieve savings via a central procurement service.
We have worked closely with Tandridge District Council to address the shortage of parking and a new multi storey car park will be built in 2018. The BID will have a significant part to play in the regeneration of Oxted town centre to ensure that it remains competitive and attracts shoppers and visitors. Working with a marketing partner, we delivery a comprehensive marketing package including social media.
We are now looking for an experienced and visionary, self employed BID Manager to take the BID on to the next level. The post is part-time, for the equivalent of two days per week and there are no other staff.
- To work in partnership with the voluntary Chairman and Board to deliver a strategic vision for the Oxted BID.
- To be the first point of contact for all BID enquiries and be an expert on all aspects of the BID.
- In conjunction with the Board, to ensure that the delivery programme is relevant and adds value to the town for levy payers.
- To work closely with our marketing partner to ensure that we raise the profile of Oxted and build our social media profile. To authorise all marketing communications.
- In conjunction with the marketing partner to maintain the website.
- Oxted is undergoing a programme called Oxted Regen and this includes upgrading the town centre. The post holder will be required to work closely with the newly appointed Tandridge District Council and Surrey County Council co-funded Regeneration Programme manager, to ensure that the BID’s urban plan is delivered. You will also work closely with the businesses to keep them informed of the activity and deal with their concerns and queries.
- To manage the day to day activity of the BID, dealing with all emails and correspondence.
- Organise and deliver four key events per annum which include markets, Christmas Festival and Light Switch on.
- To be responsible for the administration of the BID, Board Meetings, AGM and other meetings as required and to ensure that the BID is compliant with the appropriate legal regulations.
- Act as the main ambassador for the BID working with partners and stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the Finance Director to agree annual budget and support the support the FD in ensuring financial management.
- Procure contracts and services as required.
- To maintain the database of levy payers.
- Manage the competing priorities of the BID.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Desirable - You are likely to have worked at a senior level with in a larger BID or have been a BID Manager.
- Significant experience of working with a wide range of businesses from different sectors.
- Experience of partnership working, with the ability to bring together stakeholders including the local authority.
- A proven track record of event management and experience of delivering town wide events.
- Knowledge of the issues facing town centres and be able to demonstrate a genuine interest and understanding of place management.
- Preferably a knowledge of social media and websites.
- Experience of developing and delivering business plans.
- You will have excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- You must be IT literate, emotionally resilient and flexible.
The role will require a minimum of 15 hours per week with flexibility as required and a heavier work load when delivering events.
Salary: for a self-employed candidate, circa £20,000 - £24,000 per annum depending on experience. Equivalent of 25 days holiday plus bank holidays to be taken on a pro rata basis.
Please apply by emailing your CV to Robert Frith at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 30th June 2018.