Would you like to join a small but growing team and help to revitalise Melksham’s high street?
Could you develop a strategy and deliver projects to improve the vitality of Melksham’s Town Centre?
Could you lead the charge to help our community link together to enjoy the benefits of a thriving town, rich in civic pride and shared responsibility?
If so, you could be just the person we are looking for.
This new role would suit an ambitious and organised individual with a proven track record of building relationships and attracting investment. Educated to degree level, the right candidate will have an eye for a campaign and an ability to bring big ideas to life. Reporting to the Town Clerk and line-managing the Community Development Officer, you will be responsible for supporting and facilitating economic and community development in Melksham.
Areas of focus will include:
- To lead on the development of Melksham Town Centre, with responsibility for improving the quality and vitality of the town centre for all users, catalyzing and coordinating links between key stakeholders, and community groups from across both the public and private sector;
- To oversee wide-ranging and ambitious visioning for the town;
- Attract inward investment;
- Proactively raise awareness of local volunteer activity and identify support mechanisms required by local volunteers to take forward community led initiatives;
- Develop strong networks and links between community groups, organisations and service users;
- Co-ordinate engagement activities and implement action plans;
- Initiate and maintain creative partnerships with statutory and voluntary sector partners and colleagues as well as other relevant stakeholders;
- Oversee the expansion of community events.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the position, please send a completed application form and a covering letter to email@example.com. In your covering letter, please explain why you believe you would be a good fit for the role in question and why you want to join the team. Please keep it limited to one side of A4. The application form can be obtained by emailing the Assistant to the Clerk on the address above or can be found on our website. https://www.melkshamtown.co.uk/news. Further information on role can be found here.
Any questions or queries please call, Linda Roberts, Town Clerk on 01225 704187.
The closing date is Wednesday, 20th November 2019 at 12 noon. Interviews will take place on Wednesday the 28th November.