Marketing and Communications Executive
Job Description and Person Specification
Marketing and Communications Executive
Head of Marketing and Communications
Kingston First’s offices, Kingston town centre
To the end of the current Kingston First BID Term, 31 December 2019
(subject to a 3 month probationary period)
£25,000-28,000, plus 8% company pension contributions
20 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays & Public Holidays
Travel ticket loan, bike to work scheme and child care vouchers offered.
Kingston First is a business improvement district operating in Kingston town centre, working for and representing 750 businesses and organisations. The company focuses on three priorities: marketing and promoting Kingston, managing and enhancing Kingston, and supporting members through tailored services, events and insight.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to play an important role in the company; driving the town’s profile through marketing and supporting the corporate communications of Kingston First.
We are looking for a talented new member to join our team; a naturally enthusiastic person with fresh ideas and a strong creative eye, capable of contributing to the delivery of effective marketing campaigns.
You will work alongside the Head of Marketing and Communications in the creation of all marketing communications for Kingston First Business Improvement District and its consumer brand Visit Kingston. A multi-disciplinary position, you will be involved in delivering fully-integrated campaigns including collateral creation, PR, event organisation, reporting and analysis.
You will have responsibility for developing all digital communications, producing engaging and high quality content to drive awareness.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
Consumer and Corporate Campaigns and Marketing
- Assist with the delivery of communications, marketing and engagement with BID members to promote Kingston First and its work to all stakeholders
- Assist the Head of Marketing to deliver all marketing projects and events in the annual marketing plan successfully, to deadline and budget.
- Proactively seek-out marketing opportunities and develop new initiatives, campaigns and marketing opportunities, keeping an eye on trends and new tools that could enhance Kingston’s profile
- Assist with the production of all Visit Kingston and Kingston First printed collateral including assisting with copy writing, design briefing, print production and distribution
- Work with agencies and external suppliers to get best value and outcomes for projects
Digital Profile Management: websites, social media and e-communications
- Proactively plan, manage, write and implement all communications across company’s two websites and all social platforms.
- Take responsibility for the social media strategy, evaluating and monitoring performance.
- Keep the Kingston First website up to date, populated with news, events and relevant content
- Take ownership of the Visit Kingston website ensuring it is kept up to date and populated with interesting and inspiring content, a well-researched events calendar, relevant news items and up to date business directory
- Manage all company e-newsletters including monthly Visit Kingston and Keep it Kingston newsletters and regular Kingston First member communications
- Assist with the management of PR activity; coordinating press trips, photography and content creation for press releases.
- Contribute to the creation of PR campaigns and news items to drive the town’s profile
Member Support and Liaison
- Liaison with BID members on marketing initiatives, campaign involvement and social media content
- Participation and administration of Marketing Forum and other meetings as necessary
Supporting the Kingston First team
- Record marketing and online activity and communications to enable campaigns to be monitored and evaluated
- Assist with the coordination and collation of ad-hoc surveys and insight collection
- Minute taking, meeting organisation and other administration duties
- Work across teams to ensure information is promoted and communicated via appropriate channels
- Contribute across company projects and services as required
- Respond in a timely manner to external, internal and stakeholder enquiries
- Actively seek out and present best practise and ideas to contribute to the company’s overall aims
- Deputise for the Head of Marketing as and when required
- Ensure all collateral, design assets and digital marketing activities are aligned with brand guidelines
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a marketing role with excellent understanding of building and executing integrated marketing campaigns.
- Online content management and website experience
- Competent with the Microsoft Office package.
- Experienced in the development and implementation of social media marketing.
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal, including ability to write creative, clear, succinct and engaging copy and use the appropriate tone of voice for specific audiences.
- Self-motivated and an excellent team player with a hands on attitude and enthusiastic approach
- Confidently able to work independently and drive own workload, as well as part of teams and hierarchies.
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills, able to manage multiple projects and prioritise work
- Problem solving approach, positive, flexible and solution orientated
Results driven, able to analyse and respond to opportunities and challenges and implement tactics and projects to deliver outstanding outcomes
- Knowledge and understanding of BIDs and the challenges and opportunities for town and city centres
- Knowledge and understanding of membership organisations
Some weekend and evening working is required.
How to apply
Submit your application by Wednesday 1 November 2017 by sending your CV and a covering letter (up to 2 A4 sides) on why you think you are suitable for the position to Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org.