Application Deadline: 5pm on Wednesday 6th December 2017
Hours of work: Part time will be considered, with pro-rata salary and holiday allowance.
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 depending on experience and annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus public holidays.
Location: High Wycombe
In High Wycombe (www.hwbidco.co.uk), the BID has been renewed for 5 further years, starting October 2017 and this leads to the organisation seeking a charismatic manager to lead on project management, business liaison, partner relationships and leadership of the small staff team.
1. Continue to manage and drive the establishment of the BID’s second term (BID2).
2. To deliver upon the BID Business plan and objectives and targets as agreed annually and lead on all BID2 project delivery.
3. To be the ‘face’ of the BID.
4. To be the main point of contact for levy payers, the local authority and other
5. A visible presence with businesses, partners and stakeholders.
6. To report regularly to the BID Board and any sub-groups, and provide written reports prior to each meeting
7. To manage any sector groups that may be established.
8. To monitor BID performance, including oversight of financial arrangements.
9. To line manage BID staff and contractors, including recruitment, procurement, assessment etc
10. To ensure the highest standards of customer (levy payer) care at all times
11. To help establish and maintain all administration systems within the office. Thereafter to maintain all required records in an orderly manner.
12. To contribute to the annual budget process, including monitoring income and expenditure.
Personal Specification Essential and Desirable Core Competencies
• Highly organised and self-motivated
• Ability to deliver on projects and plans, on time and on budget
• Project management skills including service monitoring
• Commitment to excellence
• Strong team-building and leadership skills
• Excellent networking skills
• Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
• Creative thinking and problem solving skills
• Sound financial understanding
• IT literate (Microsoft excel, word, PowerPoint etc.)
• Local knowledge of the town
• Experience in a customer-facing management (e.g. retail, events etc.)
• Experience of BIDs or town centre management
• Industry related qualification or certification
• Experience of working with a range of agencies and stakeholders in partnership
• Consumer marketing, communications and PR
• Motivational skills
A high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some evening and weekend working will be required at times. The role will demand some limited national travel, including occasional overnight stays, for operational and training purposes. The company will meet the cost of such travel.
Initial training will be provided where reason to satisfy any selected candidates’ immediate needs.
The role will be based in High Wycombe with the expectation that the role will involve much external visibility.
Salary of £35,000-£40,000 depending on experience and annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus public holidays. Part time will be considered, with pro-rata salary and holiday allowance.
The post is subject to a six-month probationary period.
Closing date for applications – 5pm on Wednesday 6th December 2017.
To apply, please email the HWBIDCO Chairman, Mark Harry, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.