Salary or fee, whichever preferable: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum dependent on experience. One full time candidate. Initial six months probationary period.
Contract commencement: BID term commenced on 1st April 2018, five-year fixed project term, renewable in year five pending successful reballot.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability to the role to Michelle@regenmanagement.co.uk Deadline for receipt of applications: 5pm Friday 20th April 2018.
For any queries and to request a copy of the Epsom BID Business Plan please contact Michelle Baker on email Michelle@regenmanagement.co.uk tel 07527 016338.
Epsom is a destination housing both big name stores and independent shops, a racecourse, university, college and offices. Like many centres, it is facing the strategic and operational challenges which need to be addressed to ensure it remains competitive and serves the needs of all of its users.
Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) have proven to be a successful concept in the UK having been introduced by legislation in 2003 and there are now 290+ established BIDs in the UK. Funded by local businesses and answerable to them, a BID ensures that businesses are in the driving seat in promoting and enhancing the area’s offer, attractions and making sure the town remains competitive. Having successfully voted to establish a BID in December 2017, businesses in Epsom now want to drive forward their plans and aspirations from April 2018.
The BID Manager will lead and manage the work of Epsom BID in conjunction with the Board of Directors. Implementing the BID Business Plan to reflect today’s challenging economic environment and responding to competing centres on our doorstep will be a priority. With a budget of approximately £300,000 per annum the successful candidate will also be responsible for operational management and will play a part in the strategic development of the town centre and wider BID area.
This high profile and challenging post will suit someone with a real passion for making things happen, developing, juggling and delivering a variety of events, projects and services, maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels and making sure that BID successes are widely promoted and understood. A high level of interpersonal and communication, tact, diplomacy and project management skills are required. Experience of Business Improvement Districts / town centre management would be an advantage.
With 85% of businesses representing 90% by rateable value voting in favour of a 5-year BID term in December 2017, Epsom is going places. We need a strong, dedicated and passionate person to lead it and to maintain the momentum and reputation of the new BID Company. As BID Manager for Epsom Business Improvement District (BID) you will lead the organisation in it’s role at the spearhead of town centre management, removing obstacles and unlocking potential to secure the brightest future for the Epsom business sector and economy.
You will act as the first point of contact for the BID on all business matters, as well as being the main business liaison person.
Reporting directly to the BID Board of local business owners, managers and key stakeholders, you will deliver the BID Business Plan, making sure new projects are implemented effectively and efficiently.
Actively engaging with all stakeholders, you will ensure an integrated approach to delivering the Business Plan for the BID, gathering support for all initiatives, generating additional BID income and influencing local and regional decision-making.
You will take responsibility for BID project management, company finances and ensuring that the company’s objectives are delivered.
Working with partner organisations you will ensure delivery of a range of services, programmes and events that enhance the offer for business, build the profile of the town as a business and tourist destination and contribute to the strong economic growth of the town.
The Epsom BID has a wide remit dealing with all sectors of the business community. We are looking for an inspirational and passionate leader, tenacious and resilient, you will bring creativity and innovation to the role. You will be a strong strategic leader, able to bring diplomacy and credibility as both an internal and external ambassador, in a wide variety of situations.
• Take responsibility for the delivery of the BID Business Plan to include arranging and delivering year round events, recruiting and managing BID Rangers, offering businesses collective purchasing initiatives and much more. Please request a copy of the Epsom BID Business Plan from email Michelle@epsom.bid
• Administration of the BID project finances
• Lead on all the BID’s activities, devising and implementing strategy and delivering
• Establish a BID marketing and communication strategy to facilitate effective liaison, consultation and communication with key stakeholders and the public
• Carry out publicity and other project work associated with raising awareness and support for the BID within the local business community, the wider local community and public sector stakeholders
• Develop and maintain effective and positive communications with all businesses in the defined area
• Develop and maintain effective communication with council staff, elected members and other statutory and local organisations to enable open dialogue throughout the BID term
• Research to develop knowledge and expertise and ensure best practice and best outcomes are achieved
• Attend all necessary meetings on behalf of the BID and manage and support the conduct of Board and Company business
• Manage the BID’s contractors
• Research, write and publish regular BID communications
• Maintain a database with relevant details of all businesses within the BID area
• Measure and record a wide range of performance indicators to monitor the health of the town centre and the impact of the BID’s activities
• Quantify and benchmark existing public services to ensure that BID projects and services demonstrate genuine service addition and not substitution
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be appropriate to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the BID project as directed by the BID Board
• A good understanding of the key issues, opportunities and challenges facing town centres today and in the future
• A good level of knowledge of BIDs in the UK, and the Business Improvement District process
• Evidence of working work with a range of different organisations and agencies from the private and public sectors
• An understanding of the issues, pressures and political influences affecting town centre businesses
• A high level of commitment and enthusiasm
• Proven project and budget management skills
• Excellent negotiating / influencing / motivating skills
• Ability to take ownership of diverse workload and work to tight deadlines
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• IT literate
• Database management experience
• Knowledge of Epsom and the surrounding area
• Evidence of successful bid-writing, income generation and sponsorship sourcing
• Experience of partnership working
• Media, public-speaking trained
• Sound and demonstrable financial management skills