Bradford BID Project Officer
Help drive forward this vibrant city centre
Job Title: Bradford Business Improvement District (BID) Project Officer.
Employer: Bradford BID Limited.
Reporting to: Bradford BID Manager.
Responsible for: Bradford BID staff team.
Duration: Fixed term, from 1st December 2018 until 30th November 2023 (Probationary period of six months). Possible extension beyond this point, subject to a successful renewal ballot.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, with regular flexible working required,to include evening, weekend and occasional bank holidays.
Holiday entitlement: 25 days per year, plus public holidays.
Salary: £23,000-£26,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Location: Bradford City Centre and other locations required to deliver the BID Business Plan.
Deadline for Applications: 5pm, 7th November 2018
A Business Improvement District is being set up in Bradford city centre, with the aim of providing the power and funding to take action to make significant, targeted and sustained improvements to the City Centre. The BID is business-led and brings together a wide range of operators, from multiple retailers and independent shops to pubs, hotels and restaurants. The BID also involves partner organisations from the public sector. The role will focus on assisting with delivery of projects in the following four main areas of:
To apply for this post, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline for applications, which is 5pm on 7th November 2018. Interviews will take place on 20th November 2018 and all applicants should be available on this date. If you have any queries about this post, please email email@example.com.
Further information about the BID is available from www.bradfordbid.co.uk.
Day to day running of the BID office, providing practical and organisational support to the BID Manager and assisting in preparing and carrying out BID delivery projects, functions and tasks. To be a first point of contact for routine BID matters from Board members, internal and external services and BID member businesses, ensuring a smooth operation of BID matters and projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To deal with the businesses within the BID demise line, contractors and other key stakeholders in person, via email and by phone and to answer queries concerning the BID.
- To provide financial support to the team, e.g. financial monitoring, budget reports, sourcing additional external funding, processing orders and invoices in line with the BID financial procedures.
- To provide diary, organisational and administrative support for the BID Manager and to represent the BID Manager at meetings with city and regional organisations as necessary.
- To service BID meetings, including room booking, agenda preparation, note taking, drafting, preparing and distributing minutes.
- To assist in the delivery of the BID business plan initiatives and events under the guidance of the BID Manager and to seek to obtain funding sponsors or match funding, where appropriate.
- To establish and maintain a computerised city centre BID database incorporating public, private and voluntary sector data records, in accordance with Data Protection requirements, and to maintain Bradford BID performance indicators.
- To prepare and distribute Bradford BID publicity and marketing material, including liaison with internal and external agencies as required to produce newsletters, brochures and materials identified in the Business Plan.
- To be responsible for the ordering of office supplies and purchasing and ensuring best value at all times.
- To participate in appropriate training and personal development opportunities, and to use those skills in the delivery of the prime objectives.
- To be aware of, and comply with, relevant BID policies, procedures and other relevant legislation.
- To assist with other aspects of the BID activities as required.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- A recognised qualification in related area of study, or evidence of equivalent experience to meet the requirements of the post within a Town/ City Centre Management Function or Business Improvement District.
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the initiative to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong IT skills, including MS Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint, especially ability to use and manage databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders contacts.
- Excellent telephone skills and the ability to manage a range of external clients with tact and sensitivity.
- Excellent written skills including the ability to write in clear and concise English. • Demonstrable aptitude for detail and accuracy in all areas. • Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise a high volume of work.
- Flexible approach to changing priorities and requirements.
- Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using own judgement to refer up to the BID Manager where necessary.
- Ability to build effective relationships with levy payers, stakeholders and colleagues.
- Experience of managing, delivery and co-ordination of events.
- Possessing a can-do attitude.
- Detailed knowledge of the legislation covering BIDs.
- Experience of working in a BID environment.
- Being passionate about Bradford, combined with an understanding and knowledge of the city and local businesses.
More information on Bradford BID can be found here.