Baker Street Quarter Partnership Operations Manager
Job Title: Operations Manager
Salary: In the region of £38,000 to £40,000 commensurate with experience
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Directly Reports to: Operations Executive and external contractors
Holiday: 25 days Annual Leave entitlement
Hours: Full time; Office-based and office working hours with occasional evening events. Open to considering flexible/family friendly working hours.
ABOUT BAKER STREET QUARTER PARTNERSHIP
We are the Business Improvement District (BID) for the Baker Street area of Marylebone – well known as a desirable location and a key commercial district in London’s West End – as well as for a certain Mr Holmes. Our work is far reaching to ensure this vibrant area is a great place to work, live and visit. We are funded and directed by the larger businesses and property owners in the area and are not for profit, with everything we do focused on the betterment of the area.
The public realm is a key focus of our work and incorporates a wide-ranging and innovative programme. This includes street management, security and resilience, air quality improvement, greening and transformational capital projects. We also provide a strong coordinated voice for businesses in the area on policy, plans and other matters affecting the local environment. Our other programme areas include corporate responsibility, B2B and B2C promotion and public and member events.
Our team is small but highly innovative and ambitious with a proven track record of making real improvements to the area for business and for all.
We are looking for a proactive, creative and experienced project and contract manager who enjoys working with a range of stakeholders, is up for a challenge and wants to make a difference.
To ensure a high-quality public realm and high-quality services to our business members.
To oversee and deliver the Safe and Cared For, Better Air Quality and elements of the Better Spaces and Streets programmes
To develop strong and effective relationships with a range of stakeholders from the private and public sector.
To apply strong project and contract management to relevant programmes and services.
To provide strategic oversight, identify issues and develop solutions
Your work would typically involve:
Safe and Cared For
Overseeing and proactively developing our programmes to ensure a safe and well managed environment:
- Overseeing and contract managing our Street Management Team:
- Providing targets, direction and strategic development
- Developing and refining reporting, training and working systems
- Recruitment and retention oversight
- Contract retendering and refinement
- Ensuring effective reporting, resolution and partnership working with the Police, Council, Outreach services and businesses
- Managing our street cleansing and maintenance contracts
- Identify new issues and develop mitigating initiatives
- Monitor the baseline provision of services in the area by the council
- Assist businesses tackling trespass/designing out crime
- Oversee collation, analysis and reporting on relevant local data, reports and incidents
Increasing Security and Resilience
- Managing the implementation of an area wide emergency plan (working with our retained security consultant), including:
- Preparation: training, sharing best practice, exercising
- During: communication platform
- After: recovery planning, resource sharing
- Developing and overseeing our range of security communication tools including radios, information sharing and crisis/incident comms platforms
- Overseeing collation and analysis of security related data and contacts
- Representing BakerStreetQ on relevant security groups including Police panels and West End Security Group
Better Air Quality
Overseeing and developing our programmes to improve air quality in the area:
- Smarter Recycling:Managing our area wide waste contracts (two suppliers)
- Contract refinement and retendering
- Tight monitoring of performance and business customer feedback
- Ensuring the service is as low emission as possible
- Ensuring strong promotion and communication of service benefits
- Explore, identify and develop solutions to reduce delivery traffic
- Inform our communications to raise awareness and encourage behaviour change
- Inform our lobbying efforts in relation to Air Quality
Stakeholder Relations and Communications
- Maintaining strong and effective relationships with key business representatives in particular building managers, security managers, facilities managers
- Maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders including Council, Police, TfL, utility companies and other Business Improvement Districts
- Ensuring swift and accurate communication with members reporting street management and other issues
- Account managing relationships with allocated member businesses
- Overseeing the Member Support Line service
- Driving and informing communications on your project areas (implemented by the Comms team)
- Canvassing for business support in the BID renewal campaign
- Deputising for the Chief Executive at meetings with businesses and stakeholders as required
- Providing regular reporting material for collateral and Board/Stakeholder meetings
- Evaluating performance and overseeing relevant budgets and KPIs
Quality Spaces and Streets
- To develop and implement a greening strategy for the area
- To commission and implement a sustainability and accessibility strategy for the area
- To maintain and refresh the Wonderpass
- There is the opportunity for involvement with our capital public realm projects in the area at a range of levels for candidates with relevant skill sets.
- To undertake such other duties commensurate with your position, and / or hours of work, as may reasonably be required.
We are particularly looking for someone with great people skills, a proactive approach, experience of working with private and public sector organisations and strong contract and project management experience.
- A Degree in a related area of study, or equivalent experience to meet the requirements of the post
- Minimum five years’ experience in a comparable role
- Strong contract and project management experience
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and suppliers at all levels
- Experience of working with local authorities, police, highways and transportation
- A commercial/business-like approach
- A proactive approach and ability to think creatively in finding solutions to identified problems
- A strong team player adept at making effective use of available team resources
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience of working with a wide range of organisations from the private and public sectors
- Experience of overseeing and balancing a broad and varied workload
- Experience of BIDs or comparable multi-agency partnership working an advantage
- Experience of report writing
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills
The closing date for applications is the Monday 12thAugust.
Interviews will be held on the 21st and 22ndAugust.
Applications should be made by cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Any queries or requests for further information should be directed to Jenny George via firstname.lastname@example.org.