ERDINGTON BID IS HIRING A BID MANAGER
Deadline for Applications: TBC
Job Title: BID Manager.
Location: Erdington, Birmingham.
Job Status: This is a self-employed position.
Pay: Part-time. Pay pro rata.
Position: Would be open to a BID Manager job share with another local BID area.
Reporting To: BID Board.
Job Function: Provide day-to-day management and leadership of Company, working in association with all agencies and service providers. The Manager will ensure that the BID Business Plan is delivered in a professional, transparent and cost-effective manner. Knowledge of high street regeneration would be beneficial.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Based in the Erdington town centre office, to be accountable to the Board of Directors and undertake both operational and strategic projects to sustain the Erdington BID in line with the BID Business Plan.
2. Manage and propose revisions to the Business Plan as necessary and prepare reports and briefing papers for the BID Board to make appropriate and informed decisions.
3. Direct and manage the BID contracts, commitments and baseline agreements in line with the BID Business Plan and formulate any appropriate remedial actions that may be needed. Work with Partners to ensure projects and services are developed in a cost and time-efficient manner.
4. Act as the main company point of contact for all strategic, and operational matters relating to the Erdington BID area. Act as the first point of contact for levy payers, within the framework of the Business Plan.
5. Develop effective working relationships with public agencies, private sector partners, stakeholders, press and media and other interest groups.
6. To be proactive with funding opportunities to complement the BID, via public and private sector opportunities.
7. Work with the Local Authority and local police to ensure maximum cooperation in achieving the objectives of the BID Business Plan.
8. Manage the overall budget in line with financial control procedures. Monitor expenditure and advise the Board of the financial position of the company including assisting with the preparation of company accounts.
9. Co-ordinate and manage marketing, promotional and associated events. Maintain the BID website and social media functions to keep the businesses and the local community apprised of developments, new projects and activities of the company.
10. Co-ordinate and manage the day-to-day administration of the company including office accommodation, Board of Director meetings, and any correspondence associated with the company.
11. Carry out any other reasonable activities as required by the Board of Directors, and ensure the effective operation of the company in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
12. Comply with the requirements of the Business Improvement Districts (England) Regulations 2004. Comply with all necessary legislation as required.